Event Facility Volunteer
Provide Facility and Technology support to ensure a well-run event and contribute to an environment that is conducive to learning.
Event Hospitality Volunteer
Provide the hospitality, sign up, greeting and general event coordination to ensure a well-run event and contribute to an environment that is conducive to learning.
The Social Media Volunteer helps ensure a robust digital presence, develop engaging content, and utilize all relevant social platforms to communicate with community.
Administrative and Clerical Volunteers
General office and staff support with administrative duties.
Computer Lab Volunteer
Monitor open computer labs that are offered to the local community.
And Much More!
We have new opportunities all the time. Our volunteers are from all walks-of-life. Do you have a desire to volunteer and MAKE A DIFFERENCE? Submit the volunteer sign-up to speak to a Volunteer Coordinator Today!
Frequently Asked Questions
Volunteers should possess a desire to help others in their community. Their interests should align with the responsibilities of the role they are interested in and will vary based on the opportunity. Required training will be provided.
Yes, we have many volunteers that work with a friend or family member. If you know of anyone that may be interested, suggest they apply through our website.
Yes. The experience, knowledge, and skills you gain as a volunteer are applicable to many paid positions in both public and private sectors. Volunteer work often demonstrates your personal initiative, enthusiasm, and dedication to prospective employers.
It is the decision of the educational institution whether or not to give credit for students’ volunteer work. Our Volunteer Coordinator will provide the necessary job descriptions and assessments of the student’s work, as well as any documentation required by the educational institution. Students are personally responsible for making the arrangements with the educational institution and Gateway’s Volunteer Coordinator.
We will always list open positions above.
Yes, we have Volunteer opportunities available during the day and evening most days of the week. We will work around your schedule.
No, there are no minimum number of hours required.
People 18 or older may apply for a volunteer position at Gateway.
No. Uniforms, clothing, or other identifying items (such a badge) that are required for your work assignment are provided.
Volunteers are advised to contact their tax accountant or consult Internal Revenue Service publication 526 for information and guidance.
Rights and Responsibilities
Our Volunteers have the right to expect:
- Clear Job Assignments
- Orientation and training for their role
- Respectful supervision and support
- Recognition of their service and contributions
- An environment of respect and inclusion
- Safe and healthy working conditions
- Have their time put to best use
- Ability to terminate their volunteer agreement
Our Volunteers are responsible to:
- Fulfill commitments and advise Volunteer Coordinator of any scheduling conflicts immediately so that your assignment can be reassigned to an alternate volunteer
- Conduct themselves in a way that is respectful and reflects the values of the Gateway Community Resources Center
- Be clear and forthright about goals, skills, limitations and motivations
- Maintain confidentiality with all personal information including clients, participants, and program content
- Stay Informed by participating in meetings and training
- Ask for help or clarification on your position or your role as a volunteer
Gateway has the right to expect:
- Volunteers will conduct themselves in a way that is respectful and reflects the values of the Gateway Community Resources Center
- Volunteers will stay informed by attending training and meetings as requested
- Volunteers will be responsible to complete scheduled assignments
- Volunteers will stay informed by attending meetings and training as scheduled
- Terminate a volunteer agreement
Gateway is Responsible to:
- Provide a written position description and clear job assignments
- Provide a complete orientation and training
- Treat all volunteers with respect
- Provide clear and respectful supervision and support
- Provide recognition of service and contributions
- Be open to and actively seek volunteer feedback and suggestions
- Provide safe, healthy working conditions